The magazine I designed is a sports magazine revolving around local sports in the Sarasota area, while having bits of outside sports news as well. The conventions of these types of magazines are having many pictures of events, people, and the various sports, while having a story to go along with it. The stories tend to be a bit shorter than other magazines as there are more pictures to fit in. My magazine also has several pictures on the article, but my article is not as short as the conventional local magazine. This magazine is made for the "social group" of sports fans, and people who like to play sports in their spare time. This magazine will not only appeal to them, but it will also include them sometimes, as their sport and/or event may be included in an article. This thrill of being included will make them want to read it more, as they will want to see who was included in the issue of magazine they are reading.
https://www.canva.com/design/DADugDztOr8/sDzkh2wY8I46PL9CDP-tjQ/view?utm_content=DADugDztOr8&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=sharebutton The magazine has not been changed since the 3rd quarter submission, but I believe there were changes that could have been made if not for the Corona Virus and my state lock down orders. The picture on the table of contents was too generic and did not have any action, and I was planning to meet with Carson (the person in all of the pictures) to have another shoot in which I could obtain more photos of him playing. I was hoping to ask him a couple more questions and put more quotes from him into the article. The question I planned to ask were "If golf does not work out, what do you plan to do", "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" and "What professional golfer/ person do you look up to?". These would have created a friendly interaction that the audience could relate ...
Comments
Post a Comment