The audience engages with my magazine because of the stories and information that is provided. The stories are about local and professional sports and all sports are included. The audience engagement research posts have shown me that my magazine is similar to many other magazines that are successful, that they target a specific group of people, yet people outside of the targeted group are still interested in purchasing the magazine. I also realized that starting local and then spreading out further with distribution and advertisement is better than immediately going regional, because it can grow interest and popularity without wasting unnecessary money on advertisement.
My marketing plan is to use social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and twitter, along with local newspaper and magazines to advertise. I will allow direct orders and yearly subscriptions to allow people to obtain the magazine. I believe this will be most effective because social media is very popular, and technology seems to be a huge trend today, so using it to advertise almost guarantees that people will see the advertisement. The people who I am targeting definitely use social media, with the exception of older folks, which is why I advertise in the newspaper.
My marketing plan was created as a result of my distribution research. I found that today, besides the newspaper, most people either find out about magazines waiting in an office (dentist, doctor, etc...) or through an online advertisement. With phones and technology being so massive today, there will be a sharp decline in sales if the magazine companies refused to advertise online. Many of the biggest magazines have online websites advertising their magazine and being able to purchase a subscription from there.
Comments
Post a Comment