The beginning of the magazine required creative design, to find a format to make my magazine pages. This was to fit the pictures and text in the pages, without making it too crammed, and able to make the pages look professional. I then planned out the interview and the location, photo shoot, and person to do those with. I used my Iphone X to take these photos, and the location was chosen because of the scenery around the golf course and the golf course itself. After the photo shoot, I then interviewed Carson and his parents, asking them each several questions. I then organized the interview context into a story, and created a article that incorporated statistics, a story, and interviews to help the story flow. I then chose the pictures that were of the highest quality and captured the action I was looking for the best. The magazine was then created using these pictures and the article that I wrote. I chose a font and size that allowed the article to fit into the pages correctly, look professional, and be easy to read.
I learned all of these skills along the way. I had never previously created a magazine, and I have never had to organize several different things and incorporate them to flow with each other. I had the opportunity to be the camera man, journalist/interviewer, writer, and creative designer in this creation of the magazine. The same as life goes, I had to learn and adjust along the way. I did not do everything perfect the first time, but I learned from my mistakes and corrected them as I went along. My production skills increased significantly over the course of this project.
Comments
Post a Comment